Thursday, April 2, 2009

An overdue update



Eli is nearing 10 months--I can't believe it! I'm already planning his birthday party, and I'm quite excited about it! I have a cute idea for a theme, but I'll leave it a surprise. If anyone especially wants an invitation, leave me a comment on here or myspace or give me a call!

Eli is still not crawling (nor does he seem interested), but he is surprisingly mobile. He can roll to get what he wants, sometimes scoots, and often whines until you grab his hands and he will then stand up and walk. He wants to get into everything, and I'm actually hoping he is a late crawler (lol). His new favorite things are the computer keyboard/my laptop, his singing mirror, and blocks, along with the classic favorites: paper, plastic bottles, his jungle, and the exersaucer.

My sister, Makayla, and I went to Columbus on St. Patrick's Day for Eli's developmental assessment. His corrected age at the time was 6 months (nearly 7, really) and he tested above average in all areas. In most areas, he was at about an 8 month level, which is right between his corrected age and his real age of 9 months. Everyone there was very impressed with him, and had no concerns of any kind! It was a great day--I was a very proud Mommy--and I love going to the clinic there, because my questions are always thoroughly welcomed and answered.

His next appointment in Columbus will be in September, where he will have his 12-months-corrected-age assessment and he will also see a urologist. If you don't remember, Eli may have hypospadias, a birth defect involving an abnormally placed urethra. Plus, Eli is still uncircumsized, because he was too fragile to have the procedure done at birth. I am thinking that is the way it will stay, but I want to get some facts from the doctor before Seth and I finalize that decision.

Enjoy some recent pictures!


I had a little fun with the camera today :)

This was about 9 months ago.... What a difference!


Can you see the fuzz growing up there?!
i
My big boy standing up!

Posing with his stats: he is still small for his real age, but pretty normal for the corrected age. He was 16 1/2 lbs at this appointment.

Playing with the physical therapist during his assessment


A family pic at an anniversary party for Seth's Aunt and Uncle

No comments:

Post a Comment